top of page

Group

Public·22 members
Kasim Flowers
Kasim Flowers

Discover the Rare and Unreleased Tracks on Marvin Gaye - I Want You (Deluxe).rar

Marvin Gaye - I Want You (Deluxe).rar

If you are a fan of soul music, you probably know who Marvin Gaye is. He was one of the most influential singers and songwriters of the 20th century, who shaped the sound of Motown and R&B with his distinctive voice and innovative style. He was also a pioneer of social commentary and personal expression in his music, addressing topics such as love, sex, spirituality, politics, and ecology.

Marvin Gaye - I Want You (Deluxe).rar

Download File: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgohhs.com%2F2tX7DH&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw0gIqe8Gu8tdEf59O9eGQ1y

One of his most acclaimed and sensual albums is I Want You, released in 1976. It was a departure from his previous work, focusing more on his romantic feelings and desires than on social issues. It was also a showcase of his musical versatility, blending soul, funk, disco, jazz, and pop elements into a smooth and seductive sound.

But did you know that there is a deluxe edition of this album that contains rare and unreleased tracks, alternate versions, instrumentals, and remixes? If you are curious about this hidden gem, keep reading to find out more about Marvin Gaye's I Want You (Deluxe).rar.

Introduction

Who was Marvin Gaye?

Marvin Gaye was born in 1939 in Washington, D.C., as Marvin Pentz Gay Jr. He grew up in a religious and musical family, singing in his father's church choir and learning to play piano and drums. He was also exposed to different genres of music, such as gospel, blues, jazz, and doo-wop.

He started his professional career as a session musician and vocalist for various groups and labels, including Motown Records. He soon became one of the label's most successful artists, recording hit songs such as "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)", "I Heard It Through the Grapevine", "What's Going On", "Let's Get It On", and many more.

He was also known for his duets with female singers such as Tammi Terrell, Diana Ross, and Mary Wells. He had a unique ability to blend his voice with theirs, creating harmonies that were both sweet and soulful.

He died tragically in 1984 at the age of 44, after being shot by his father during an argument. He left behind a legacy of music that is still celebrated and admired today.

What is I Want You?

I Want You is the fourteenth studio album by Marvin Gaye, released in March 1976 by Motown Records. It was his first solo album since Let's Get It On (1973), which was a huge commercial and critical success.

I Want You was a concept album that explored the theme of erotic love in various forms and moods. It consisted of 11 tracks that flowed seamlessly from one to another, creating a continuous musical narrative. The album had a lush and sophisticated production, featuring strings, horns, keyboards, guitars, percussion, and background vocals.

The album also showcased Marvin Gaye's vocal range and expressiveness, as he sang with passion, tenderness, longing, joy, and pain. He used different techniques such as falsetto, whispers moans scats and ad-libs to convey his emotions and desires.

The album was a commercial success, reaching number one on the Billboard R&B chart and number four on the Billboard 200 chart. It also spawned two singles: "I Want You" and "After the Dance".

What is the Deluxe Edition?

I Want You (Deluxe) is a two-disc reissue of I Want You, released in 2003 by Motown Records. It contains the original album remastered on disc one, plus 18 bonus tracks on disc two.

The bonus tracks include rare and unreleased material from the I Want You sessions, such as demos, alternate versions, instrumentals, and remixes. Some of the highlights are:

• "I Want You (Vocal & Rhythm Version)" - A stripped-down version of the title track that features only Marvin Gaye's voice and percussion.

• "Come Live With Me Angel (Demo)" - A rough sketch of the second track that reveals how Marvin Gaye developed his melodies and lyrics.

• "After The Dance (Instrumental)" - A beautiful instrumental version of the fourth track that showcases the orchestral arrangements by Coleridge-Taylor Perkinson.

• "Feel All My Love Inside (Extended Alternate Mix)" - A longer version of the eighth track that adds more verses and vocal improvisations by Marvin Gaye.

• "I Wanna Be Where You Are (After The Dance)" - A medley of two songs that combines the ninth track from I Want You with a cover of Michael Jackson's hit from 1972.

• "You Are The Way You Are (Instrumental)" - A previously unreleased instrumental track that has a funky groove and a catchy melody.

• "I Want You (John Morales Extended Mix)" - A modern remix of the title track that adds more drums, bass, and synths to create a dancefloor-friendly version.